Total Pageviews

Friday 30 December 2011

Coming soon - Ducati 750GT

I've recently managed to get my hands on a 1974 Ducati 750GT for a while and I'll soon be posting a few articles on fettling and riding this magnificent machine. This is the Daddy of all Ducati 'V' twins and as such, represents a very significant moment in motorcycling history. You may notice that I don't buy into the whole 'L' twin idea - if a Moto Guzzi 90 degree engine is a 'V', then so is the Ducati.

First impressions are very good. What a cracker of an engine, in a chassis that works really well for the period. I'm rather smitten by it right now, and would have one in a heartbeat if funds allowed. I should have bought one a few years ago before the prices of bevel twins started to hit the classic bike premier league. Bugger...


Engine looks as good as it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment