Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 August 2011

It must be in the blood




Here are a couple of pics from the family album. The first shows my Dad on his (L plated!) BSA Gold Flash in the Eastbourne area of Darlington. I'd guess that this was around the mid 1950's.

The second picture shows a much more sporting Matchless G11 600cc twin, and behind is my Grandad's A10.  The Matchie was purchased from a bike shop which used to be in Grange Road, Darlington called 'Duplex'. I think that the premises is now a dress shop, but you can still see the old bike shop name in tiles on the floor at the entrance. Over the road was the 'La Bamba' night club, (what a brilliant name) where I believe he met my mum.

You can only imagine what Grange Road would have been like on a busy Saturday night in the 50's. 




No comments:

Post a Comment